Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is perfect for that lone banana that you don't know what to do with.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- about 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 large granulated decorator sugar candy sprinkles (optional)
- Combine egg, ripe banana, sugar, softened butter or margarine, banana extract in a mixing bowl; mix well. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead lightly a few times. Gently pat dough out and cut out with a biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees about 15 min-18 minutes.
I don't have a lone banana. Since they grow in my yard I have LOTS of extra bananas, so I am always seeking a new banana recipe. This one is easy and tasty. Not having self-rising flour, I just added baking powder (1 tsp per 3/4 cup flour). I was surprised that I could make these with just a fork. EASY!!! I didn't even roll them out, instead I just made drop biscuits. I made what I wanted for breakfast and put the rest of the dough in the fridge. That way I will have them hot and fresh each time I bake. In the future I will experiment with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. I think I will also try with other fruits in abundance from the yard. Try these!