Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is perfect for that lone banana that you don't know what to do with.
Make and share this Banana Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- about 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 large granulated decorator sugar candy sprinkles (optional)
- Combine egg, ripe banana, sugar, softened butter or margarine, banana extract in a mixing bowl; mix well. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead lightly a few times. Gently pat dough out and cut out with a biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees about 15 min-18 minutes.
I don't have a lone banana. Since they grow in my yard I have LOTS of extra bananas, so I am always seeking a new banana recipe. This one is easy and tasty. Not having self-rising flour, I just added baking powder (1 tsp per 3/4 cup flour). I was surprised that I could make these with just a fork. EASY!!! I didn't even roll them out, instead I just made drop biscuits. I made what I wanted for breakfast and put the rest of the dough in the fridge. That way I will have them hot and fresh each time I bake. In the future I will experiment with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. I think I will also try with other fruits in abundance from the yard. Try these!