Recipe by Michelle of the shire
The perfect cake for a monkey themed party. This is a yellow cake with a hint of banana. The frosting is rich and smooth. A hit with young and old!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all cake ingredients well.
- Pour cake mix into two greased 9" round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Frosting: In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with candy topping. As a cute option, you could decorate with small monkey toys.