Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sip this power breakfast which boasts more than 300 milligrams of calcium while getting ready for work or on your way there. A scoop of powdered milk boosts the calcium contributed by the yogurt and the calcium-fortified orange juice. Additional nutritional benefits come from potassium-rich banana and antioxidant-rich berries. Frozen berries ensure a thick, creamy consistency, but you can also use fresh ones. Other frozen fruits, such as peaches or mangoes, work well, too.
- 1 1⁄4 cups calcium-fortified orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen mixed berries (such as Cascadian Farm Harvest Berries)
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Another delicious smoothie! I liked the addition of milk powder, which gives it a special creaminess. My teenage daughter words were, ":Ooh, this is really good." Thanks again mj Sergent, for posting. Roxygirl