Top Review by Jenny Sanders
I make something very similar to this and it is so simple and good. To make it even easier, just put whole bananas that won't keep a lot longer right into the freezer. Whenever you want to make this, (or, say, banana bread) let them thaw for about 5 minutes to make removing the peels easy. And away you go.
- 4 large bananas, peeled,cut 1/4 inch slices
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄3 cups strawberries, frozen,unsweetened & unthawed
- 1 cup apple juice, unsweetened,chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine banana slices and lemon juice in a small bowl; toss gently.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet; cover and freeze until firm.
- Positions knife blade on food processor bowl; add bananas and strawberries.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add apple juice; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon into serving dishes, and serve immediately or freeze until serving time.