Recipe by kiwi farmers wife
These are so easy and a great way to use up bananas and blackberries when in season but can use any berries.
Top Review by no_yes86
These muffins turned out great. I used fresh berries and found them a little dry so added a splash of milk. I also threw in some white chocolate chips which gave them an extra something special. (I cut the sugar a little because of this)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas (quartered)
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 cups berries (frozen as it seems to create moister muffins)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 204°C.
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat bananas in a large bowl with electric mixer until mashed, add eggs, brown sugar, butter and vanilla, beat until well mixed.
- Stir in combined dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until almost blended. Stir in berries just until combined.
- Spoon into prepared cups evenly. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack, enjoy.