Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are jam-packed with fresh berries and are super moist! The tartness of the raspberries is perfectly balanced by the brown sugar and banana. The banana flavor is very light and used to highlight the berries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease muffin cups or use muffin liners.
- Combine flour, white sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add egg and enough milk to get 1 cup of liquid. Pour this into flour mixture and mix.
- Add mashed banana, then fold in blueberries and raspberries.
- Fill muffin cups to top.
- FOR TOPPING: Combine the topping ingredients. Mix with fork until crumbly and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until done.
These ended up very dense and heavy - but that may not be the recipe's fault. I wanted to use up berries on hand, and also some old bananas - I used 2 smallish ones. Had to use whole wheat flour as I was out of white. But I loved the interplay of banana and berry flavors, and will try this again. Also, I found that I got 12 muffins from this recipe, and my nutrition calculator showed that (with Splenda to sweeten) they were about 244 calories each.
Awesome! I was using up fruit that I had on hand, so used 2 bananas instead of 1, and 1 cup blueberries but no raspberries. Everything else same as in the recipe. They came out so fluffy and moist. And I made 10 instead of 8, they came out nice and big. I just messed up a bit with the topping, I didn't measure the butter and think I put in too much so it wasn't as crumbly as it should have been. So it didn't spread evenly over the tops. But it was still very very yummy. And, in the interest of dieting (ya right) I used 1/4 cup of oil instead of 1/3 and made up the diff with milk, I used 1%. I'll definitely make this again and again.
Really enjoyed this recipe. For a change I didn't change anything in a recipe and the muffins came out perfect for us. We loved the combination of blueberries vs raspberries and found the sugar topping a nice addition to the recipe. They were gobbled up with raves reviews from all, thanks for sharing.