Recipe by Rita~
Low cal, healthy, frozen dessert. Use whatever berries you can get. No cooking just freezing for 45 minutes 3 X's.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
This was soooo good, one would never know it has virtue. Decided to take the chef up on the idea that this would work with any berry and decided to make mine with the last of the strawberries frozen late last summer. Did a small batch in little food chopper which had the advantage of letting me place the entire bowl in the freezer between whirls. I really liked the tart flavor introduced by the yogurt and used Stevia instead of brown sugar to keep this consistent with the WW Core list. Though I do have an frozen yogurt maker, I don't use it as much as I like since it makes larger batches than a solo chef might like and clearing space to freeze the container can be a chore. This solves both issues and offers a wonderful treat. Thanks Rita!
- 2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a large metal bowl of a food processor and blend processing until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into a metal bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 45 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and beat with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Return to freezer.
- Repeat at 45 minute intervals two more times during freezing.
- Before serving, allow mixture to set at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften.