Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are a great alternative to regular donuts. They are crispy outside and moist inside. These are equally delicious without the banana. Enjoy!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- powdered sugar
- Heat Oil in deep fryer to 360.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Mash banana.
- Add Banana, flour, milk, sugar, baking powder, and salt to eggs.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drop TBS of batter into hot oil.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Remove and sprinkle powdered sugar over Beignets while still warm.
mades these for my grandson and everyone loved them lite and fluffy like a donut but takes like banana bread. I had to make another batch the very next day i didn't have anymore bananas but they were really good anyway, I added cinnamon to the batter
Fast, easy, and quite tasty. Nice and fluffy. Definitely be adding this to my Sunday brunches.