Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from my friend. So many people have asked me for the recipe that I thought I should also post it here!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (I usually use 3 big bananas)
cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Add bananas and mix. Add flour, baking soda and salt until well blended.
- Poor batter into a large, greased bar pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Blend together the cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar until desired consistency. I use about 2 lbs.
- Spread frosting on banana cake and refrigerate until icing is firm. Remove and cut bars.
- These taste better cold, so keep them refrigerated.
These banana bars are AWESOME! Anytime I have really ripe bananas I jump to this recipe! It's a family favorite!