Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Krispies, crumbed
- 2 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 x 2" pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crispy rice cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, bananas, and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
For me it's just okay. Tastes just like all the other banana bread recipes. Kind of dry. I was hoping for a true bar..... crunchy AND chewy AND moist. I really wanted something different from regular old banana bread. Oh well, the search continues!
These are really good lunch-box squares - a nice sweet everyday treat. Nice & moist!
Thanks Dancer, yet another great recipe from you. I used Rice Bubbles (i think also known as rice pops?) and the rest as per recipe. It was great, freezable and went quickly. Became chewier the next day but that's to do with the rice bubbles softening. I think a cream cheese icing would be awesome (although it would counteract the low fat recipe!) but it didn't last long enough. Extremely quick and easy to make.