Top Review by raviishaya
For me it's just okay. Tastes just like all the other banana bread recipes. Kind of dry. I was hoping for a true bar..... crunchy AND chewy AND moist. I really wanted something different from regular old banana bread. Oh well, the search continues!
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Krispies, crumbed
- 2 cups flour, unbleached
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, whipped
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 x 2" pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine crispy rice cereal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda.
- In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, bananas, and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.