Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a good way to use up those ripe bananas. Recipe from Betty Crocker.
Make and share this Banana Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana, very ripe (2 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9 pan.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar, bananas, oil, and eggs with spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake bars 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar with spoon, scraping bowl occasionally, until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread cooled bars with cream cheese frosting.
- Store in refrigerator.