A simple banana bread - no nuts, chocolate chips or other additions. It tastes like the banana bread from Alligator Pear, a sandwich shop in Calgary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F, or 325F for convection oven.
- 2Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together.
- 3Cream together vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and bananas. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- 4Spray an 8X4" loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into pan.
- 5Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- 6This recipe can also be made as 12 muffins - bake for about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Barley Bread
Serving Size: 1 (692 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g