Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple banana bread - no nuts, chocolate chips or other additions. It tastes like the banana bread from Alligator Pear, a sandwich shop in Calgary.
- 1 cup barley flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2 medium bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350F, or 325F for convection oven.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together.
- Cream together vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and bananas. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, stir to combine.
- Spray an 8X4" loaf pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- This recipe can also be made as 12 muffins - bake for about 20 minutes.