Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is an incredibly moist and tender Banana Nut Bread. The addition of the instant banana pudding gives it an extra banana "kick". I find baking it at a lower temperature avoids burning the edges. My DH likes it for breakfast served under two eggs over easy.
Top Review by j_carpenter
Delicious Recipe! Thanks for sharing! I have made it the way it is written and also a few times with the twist of changing out the banana pudding for coconut pudding and using coconut milk instead of buttermilk. Yummy both ways! Thanks, again!
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 ounces butter, softened at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Grease two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add instant pudding, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Slowly add flour, one cup at a time, until well mixed.
- Peel bananas, mash and add to mixture.
- Add pecans and mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.