Recipe by Shelley Albeluhn
Why compromise the banana flavor? My banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Ultimate comfort food, and it's WONDERFUL TOASTED!! (Make sure to use bananas with a lot of black on them for the best flavor! The blacker the bananas, the stronger the banana flavor of the bread.)
Top Review by Gato Volando
Hard to say if this is banana bread or banana pudding, it is so moist and creamy hot out of the oven. I thought I had ruined it since 60-65 minutes is a bit long and mine had turned dark brown after about 45 minutes, but with all that banana in it it was still moist inside while the outside is caramalized. I did a few changes, I used half whole wheat flour/half white flour, a teaspoon of vanilla, plus a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Definitely good enough to let bananas get over ripe on purpose!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄3 cups mashed very overripe bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.