Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Why compromise the banana flavor? My banana bread is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavor! Ultimate comfort food, and it's WONDERFUL TOASTED!! (Make sure to use bananas with a lot of black on them for the best flavor! The blacker the bananas, the stronger the banana flavor of the bread.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Hard to say if this is banana bread or banana pudding, it is so moist and creamy hot out of the oven. I thought I had ruined it since 60-65 minutes is a bit long and mine had turned dark brown after about 45 minutes, but with all that banana in it it was still moist inside while the outside is caramalized. I did a few changes, I used half whole wheat flour/half white flour, a teaspoon of vanilla, plus a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg. Definitely good enough to let bananas get over ripe on purpose!
I made these in muffins tins. This is, hands down, the most incredible banana bread/muffin my family has ever eaten. They're just terrific and will be a regular in my house.
The bread turned out really moist, because of all that banana. My rough estimation just equated it as 5 bananas. :) And the colour turned out really nice. I added a couple of slices on the top just for a nice visual effect. Also dusted a little bit of cinnamon powder on the warm bread.