Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A recipe I invented myself.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- Beat first 7 ingredients (banana through salt) with electric mixer.
- Stir in oatmeal and milk.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was eggier than the usual baked oatmeal, but really good. I skipped the margarine and halved the sugar and milk, and it came out perfect. I also used plain yogurt and vanilla extract, and the yogurt gave it a nice slightly tangy flavor. Couldn't help adding walnuts to it, they accented the flavor very well.
This was nice but didn't thrill me, the consistency I thought was a bit soft for a baked oatmeal. Always good to try something new though so thanks for posting!
this was really good. I skipped the margarine, and used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda (too much splenda sometimes leaves an aftertaste for me). next time I'll also cut back the milk a bit (it was quite moist when it was done, and i like my oatmeal almost dry) and the sugar (since i used really ripe bananas, it turned out REALLY sweet).