Tom Kite, a famous golfer, put this recipe in a cookbook with other professional golfer's recipes. I haven't made it yet but I like the way it sounds. *variation: can use 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce and 1 tbsp. honey instead of using the sugar and the curry. Marinate the bananas in the sauce for 30 minutes; driain and wrap with the bacon. This gets broiled, and not baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blanch bacon in boiling water approximately 10 minutes.
- 3Drain and dry bacon thoroughly.
- 4Slice bananas into 1 1/2 inch chunks and wrap in bacon slices, securing with a toothpick.
- 5Combine brown sugar and curry powder. Roll bacon-banana balls in this mixture.
- 6Bake on rack for 10 minutes until bacon is crisped and slightly caramelized.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bacon Curry Balls Appetizer
Serving Size: 1 (920 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2311.0
- Calories from Fat 1131
- Total Fat 125.7 g
- Saturated Fat 41.7 g
- Cholesterol 184.9 mg
- Sodium 2319.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 274.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.5 g
- Sugars 192.5 g
- Protein 40.0 g