Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tom Kite, a famous golfer, put this recipe in a cookbook with other professional golfer's recipes. I haven't made it yet but I like the way it sounds. *variation: can use 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce and 1 tbsp. honey instead of using the sugar and the curry. Marinate the bananas in the sauce for 30 minutes; driain and wrap with the bacon. This gets broiled, and not baked.
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 6 bananas, slightly underripe
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blanch bacon in boiling water approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain and dry bacon thoroughly.
- Slice bananas into 1 1/2 inch chunks and wrap in bacon slices, securing with a toothpick.
- Combine brown sugar and curry powder. Roll bacon-banana balls in this mixture.
- Bake on rack for 10 minutes until bacon is crisped and slightly caramelized.