Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A lower fat, high fibre banana bread ideal for snacks or lunch boxes.
- 2 eggs
- 7 ounces dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 large bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 ounces dried apricots, snipped
- 2 ounces natural bran
- 10 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Cream the eggs and sugar, add the oil, bananas, apricots and bran then stir to combine.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and fold into the mixture with a metal spoon, adding the milk to produce a dropping consistency.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour. Test with a skewer, if it comes out clean the loaf is cooked.
- Turn out on to a rack to cool.