Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
it was a recipe that i just built on and turned it into this delicious loaf
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 1 cup dates (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups water
- 90 g butter
- 4 cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- put sugar, water, dates,apricots, butter and bi-carb into a pot.
- stir over low heat until butter and sugar is melted.
- in a bowl place flour , mashed banana and eggs.
- stir the pot mixture into the flour mixture, making sure to mix well.
- place into two well greased and lined pan loaves.
- bake at 190 degrees celcius, for 35 minutes test to make sure it is cooked in the middle.
- ENJOY !
- freezes really well !
Made this using very moist & tasty Medjool dates & some soft & chewy dried apricots! Very easy preparation, & I baked the loaves at 375 degrees F for almost 40 minutes! Wonderfully tasting treat these are (well, at least the 1st one was, while the other is in the freezer for later enjoyment)! Many thanks for a great keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]