Recipe by DianeHelen
A low fat, healthy small muffin.
Top Review by Mymble
This was a nice muffin - pleasant, but subtle - maybe best as a carrier for something else? I added raisins, and next time instead might try adding some blueberries and/or cinnamon. The instructions don't mention the peanut butter, so I didn't add any (I guess you'd mix it up with the wet ingredients). I used regular sugar instead of Splenda. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 riped bananas
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix Bananas, milk, egg, and applesauce with a food processor or immersion blender.
- Add to dry ingredients, and mix til just blended.
- Spoon into mini muffin cups about half full. Bake 15 minutes, cool remove from pan. Makes approx 22 mini muffins.