Recipe by AprilShowers
I see a lot of Apple Brown Betty recipes posted on here but none like my mom's with bananas in it! She used to make this often for dessert after dinner on weekdays. Sometimes we'd eat any leftovers for breakfast the next morning! I love it!
Top Review by Cookin'withGas
BF didn't like this at all...Said it was like eating 3 desserts in one...TOO much going on! I didn't like the combination very much either...I'm sorry I wasted the ingredients...I'd have been better off making either an apple dessert, a banana dessert OR a bread pudding, rather than this mishmash :(
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, pared and sliced
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 cups small bread cubes (Mom always used whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together; combine with sliced apples and bananas.
- In a skillet, brown bread cubes in the butter.
- Fill buttered baking dish with alternate layers of bread cubes and fruit using bread cubes as top and bottom layers.
- Cover dish and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.