Recipe by startnover
This bread is a litlle unusual as the only sugar in it comes from the fruit and juice.
Top Review by mary winecoff
I was nervous making this recipe because I usually don't use margarine. Also when I was pouring it into the breadpan it was this horrible gray color. Not to be feared; it browned up beautifully and tastes great. I love the fact that it only uses apple juice and bananas to sweeten. I will use this recipe again soon.
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer beat margarine till smooth.
- Slowly add in apple juice concentrate while mixing on high speed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift in the dry ingrediants, then add milk.
- Finally stir in the mashed bananas.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for one hour.
- Watch after 45 min of baking , if bread seems to be getting to brown place a foil tent over the top of it.