Recipe by Shels
This is my spinoff from JellyBeans Low Fat Full Taste Muffins. I didn't have zucchini so I used apple, and had a craving for bran and this recipe was born!
Top Review by GinaJohnson
Delightfully moist and light with a few minor changes: I used raisin bran (it's what I had on hand), crushing the flakes, and added about a tablespoon of lemon juice to the bananas (helps with keeping the muffins lighter colored and lighter textured). I also chopped instead of grated the apple. We ended up with about 18 small to medium size muffins.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded apple
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed (Black!)
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups post bran flakes, crushed to 1 cup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, bran flakes, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, banana and shredded apple.
- Add sugar and egg to wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fill muffin tins and bake for about 25 minutes or until tests clean.