1/1 Photo of Banana-Apple Bran Loaf
I found this recipe on the Kellogg's website and I can't wait to try it. I love baking with All Bran cereal. Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk (soured with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar)
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (I always use the Extra Fiber kind)
- 1/2 cup margarine (I use butter, softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, stir together banana, applesauce, milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
- 3In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until combined Add egg. Beat well. Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture, mixing until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Apple Bran Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g