I found this recipe on the Kellogg's website and I can't wait to try it. I love baking with All Bran cereal. Let me know what you think!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk (soured with 1/2 teaspoon vinegar)
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (I always use the Extra Fiber kind)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (I use butter, softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Stir together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together banana, applesauce, milk and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens.
- In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and sugar until combined Add egg. Beat well. Mix in cereal mixture. Stir in flour mixture, mixing until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.