Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Make and share this Banana Apple & Blueberry Surprise Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup ground almond meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 large golden delicious apples, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon melted organic butter, for greasing
- 3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange sliced apples on a baking sheet and drizzle honey over them. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until apples are moist and tender.
- Remove apples from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and brown sugar until creamy, don't worry if there are a few lumps.
- Add the apple sauce and eggs and beat with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; use a spatula to fold together.
- Grease the cake pan with melted butter and arrange one layer of apple slices on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour half the banana batter into the pan, and arrange a second layer of apples around the outside edges.
- Spoon frozen blueberries into the center area of the cake and gently cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake the cake in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour; check it at 45mins.
- Serve with natural yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.