Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this one at http://eatgood4life.blogspot.com/2010/11/banana-apple-and-oatmeal-muffins.html, and wanted to save it somewhere, plus get the nutrition stats. Haven't tried it yet.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 medium apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 1/3-cup muffin pan or line with paper cups .
- In a bowl combine bananas, milk, oil, sugar, vanilla and egg. In another bowl whisk together dry ingredients – flours, oats, cinnamon and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet mixture, mix well. Dust apples, raisins, and walnuts (if using) lightly to cover with flour, then fold inches.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Make sure you remove muffins immediately after they are done. Let them cool on a wire rack.
I used 1/2 cup of sugar and omitted the raisins. This muffin is so tasty with the mashed bananas and the chopped apple. Thanks Dottygumdrop :) Made for PAC Fall 2011