Recipe by Greek_Chef
This simple pudding is delicious with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.Actually, now I think of it, every pudding is made even more delicious with cream or ice cream! I tend to use Granny Smiths or a similarly tart apple.
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 4 large apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 large lemon
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half the butter in a 30 cm frying pan with a heatproof handle.
- When it begins to turn nut-brown add sliced bananas and fry for one minute over a high heat, tossing occasionally.
- Tip bananas into a bowl, add remaining butter to the pan and return to the heat. Cook apple wedges in the same way, but for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and 60g of the sugar to the pan, toss well, and cook until sugar begins to caramelise.
- Return bananas to the pan, press flat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and remaining sugar.
- Place under a hot grill and cook until sugar caramelises.