Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was listed on the www.recipe4living.com website as one of the top 10 Banana Cake Recipes. "This light and fluffy banana flavored cake flecked with oats adds variation to the traditional Angel Food Cake."
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Combine cream of tartar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, oats, and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, confectioner's sugar and salt. Fold the banana mixture into the egg whites. Then fold the flour mixture into the egg white/banana mixture.
- Pour batter into one 9 or 10 inch round cake pan, coated with a non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour, until cake is firm and lightly golden. Cool for 5 minutes then slip out of pan onto a serving dish. Garnish with a light dusting of confectioner's sugar.