Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe freezes very well.
Make and share this Banana and Strawberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-joule strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180c. coat a 26.8cm loaf tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the bananas, eggs, sugar, buttermilk and oil. In separate bowl sift the flours, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gentlry stir the flour mixture into the flour. Trnasfer to the preapared baking tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 mins or until cooked through.
- Cut into slices and serve warm or lightly toasted with strawberry jam.
Wonderful, wonderful banana bread! The smell of this bread cooking in the oven was divine. It rose so nicely and is very moist. I did not have self-rising flour so used Self-Rising Flour, with excellent results. I did add a handful of chopped pecans, because can't imagine banana bread without them! Thanks for a yummy recipe, SonyaS01~ :-)