Recipe by Manami
Moreish tea time treat and what a treat it is! We enjoyed it thoroughly! I expected it to be a denser cake but no I was pleasantly surprised. BBC GoodFood Magazine.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (8 oz peeled weight)
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter, melted
- 4 ounces toffee yogurt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces light muscovado sugar
- 7 1⁄8 ounces self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecans, roughly chopped
- 5 1⁄4 ounces toffee pieces, roughly chopped (Werthers chewy candy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 160C/fan (320ºF) 140C/gas (284ºF).
- Butter and line the base of a loaf pan.
- Mix together the bananas, eggs, butter, toffee yogurt and sugar, until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture, then fold in three-quarters of the pecan nuts and half the toffees.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and level the top.
- Sprinkle on the remaining nuts and toffees.
- Bake for 50-55 mins until the loaf is risen and feels springy.
- Cool in the pan, then remove and peel off the lining.
- Will keep, wrapped, in an airtight container, for up to 3-4 days.
- *Use wetted scissors to make it easier to cut the toffees.*.