Recipe by Karen=^..^=
YUM! An interesting variation on traditional French Toast. (adapted from Hershey's food service)
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- honey, for drizzling
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay bread on counter and spread 1 tbl peanut butter on each slice.
- Peel and slice enough bananas to cover 4 slices of bread.
- Drizzle small amount of honey on remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Place honey drizzled slices (honey side down) on top of banana slices, making 4 sandwiches.
- Beat eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- Heat griddle or skillet over med-low heat. Grease with butter or spray pan, if necessary.
- Dip one sandwich at a time into egg mixture and place on griddle. Cook each side until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove from skillet and cut each in half diagonally.
- Serve immediately with sprinkled powdered sugar or syrup, if desired.