Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
YUM! An interesting variation on traditional French Toast. (adapted from Hershey's food service)
Make and share this Banana and Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 8 slices day-old white bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- honey, for drizzling
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- Lay bread on counter and spread 1 tbl peanut butter on each slice.
- Peel and slice enough bananas to cover 4 slices of bread.
- Drizzle small amount of honey on remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Place honey drizzled slices (honey side down) on top of banana slices, making 4 sandwiches.
- Beat eggs, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- Heat griddle or skillet over med-low heat. Grease with butter or spray pan, if necessary.
- Dip one sandwich at a time into egg mixture and place on griddle. Cook each side until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove from skillet and cut each in half diagonally.
- Serve immediately with sprinkled powdered sugar or syrup, if desired.