Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These tempting muffins are made with bananas and crunchy peanut butter and are simply irresistible.
- 9 2⁄3 ounces plain flour
- 2 ounces oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces soft light brown sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 4 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Fill a muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, oats, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, and then stir in the sugar, mashed bananas, peanut butter and the melted butter.
- Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined; do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when gently touched.
- Allow to stand for a minute before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
Oh, my! These were good! Did my best to convert measurements: 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup (could stand a bit more) brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup melted butter ... these measurements worked great for me. The result was a moist, slightly sweet muffin, not overly strong with either banana or peanut butter flavor. My two year old son loved them! I mixed a bit of honey into softened butter to spread on top ... delicious! Great for breakfast or a snack. Will try adding chocolate chips next time, just for fun!
Made these exactly as recipe is written. Very moist and yummy. Great way to use overripe bananas. Thanks.