Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These tempting muffins are made with bananas and crunchy peanut butter and are simply irresistible.
Make and share this Banana and Peanut Butter Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Fill a muffin tray with 12 paper muffin cases.
- Mix the flour, oats, and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, and then stir in the sugar, mashed bananas, peanut butter and the melted butter.
- Add the milk and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined; do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until the tops spring back when gently touched.
- Allow to stand for a minute before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
Oh, my! These were good! Did my best to convert measurements: 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup (could stand a bit more) brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup melted butter ... these measurements worked great for me. The result was a moist, slightly sweet muffin, not overly strong with either banana or peanut butter flavor. My two year old son loved them! I mixed a bit of honey into softened butter to spread on top ... delicious! Great for breakfast or a snack. Will try adding chocolate chips next time, just for fun!
Made these exactly as recipe is written. Very moist and yummy. Great way to use overripe bananas. Thanks.