Recipe by Ambervim
When I make this I do not pass it through a sieve or cheesecloth. Instead I use a stick blender to puree it. The result is a very thick "soup" that really could be used to replace mashed potatoes as a side dish. Another one found in my great banana recipe search.
- 6 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 4 onions, peeled, sliced thin
- 473.18 ml milk, scalded
- 709.77 ml water, boiling
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt (other seasonings to taste too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil all ingredients together for about 25 minutes.
- Pass through a sieve and put soup back in stew pan, boil for 1 minute, then serve.
- Use a stick blender to puree. This result will be quite thick and could easily be used as a side dish instead of mashed potatoes.