Recipe by Sierra Silver
These are moist, fluffy, filling, and taste a good bit like banana bread. Delicious topped with maple or strawberry syrup.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 banana, mashed (1/2 c. worth)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and spices.
- Combine egg, buttermilk, oil, and extracts; add oatmeal. Let stand five minutes.
- Pour wet mixture over dry mixture.
- Stir mixture, just until combined.
- Pour batter onto greased griddle set to medium heat; cook until set on edges and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Flip; cook 3 minutes more or until browned.