Recipe by Redsie
From the Quebec Maple Federation
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Made with my DS this afternoon to use up two old banana's - this was just the ticket! I used two egg whites in place of the egg and reduced-sugar maple syrup. We made 24 perfect mini-muffins - baked them for 16 minutes. DH hasn't been able to stay out of them! I didn't have any coriander, but wish I had added it. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml quick oats
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 0.5 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground coriander (optional)
- 118.29 ml walnuts, minced
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml maple-flavored butter, 1 teaspoon per muffin
- 12 walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix bananas and other wet ingredients, except for the maple butter and walnut halves.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F Cool slightly, remove from cups, and glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.