Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Quebec Maple Federation
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, minced
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup maple-flavored butter, 1 teaspoon per muffin
- 12 walnut halves
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix bananas and other wet ingredients, except for the maple butter and walnut halves.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F Cool slightly, remove from cups, and glaze with maple butter. Garnish with walnut halves.
Made with my DS this afternoon to use up two old banana's - this was just the ticket! I used two egg whites in place of the egg and reduced-sugar maple syrup. We made 24 perfect mini-muffins - baked them for 16 minutes. DH hasn't been able to stay out of them! I didn't have any coriander, but wish I had added it. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag game.
Fantastic! I used white flour cause I don't have ww flour. I also seem to have lost my walnuts so used pecans instead. I made mini muffins which took about 14 mins and regular ones that took 18 mins. I too didn't use the glaze, but only because I couldn't find maple-butter. I will be making these many times over!
I made them right by the recipe except for the butter glaze abs walnut halves. I love the addition of the coriander! Great touch. These muffins are sweet on the restrained side..more fruit sweet than sugar sweet which, again, is perfect. They are fluffy and beautifully moist (with 2 banana's how could they not be?). I might have preferred the walnuts in bigger than minced pieces but that is personal preference and in no way a recipe fault. Super easy to make and mine were done to a turn in the 15 mins. Can't wait to have one with a cup of Earl Gray Vanilla! YUMMM. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.