Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Use coconut chips instead of shredded coconut (chips are not as sweet and they look better). Cooking time is chilling time. Make this vegan by using soy milk.
- 1 (8 inch) baked pastry shells (pie)
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 mango, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toasted flaked coconut, to decorate
- Slice the bananas lengthwise and arrange half in the pastry shell with half of the mango pieces.
- Put the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Slowly add both milk and coconut milk, beating over a low heat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in vanilla extract then pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Top with the remaining fruit and coconut chips.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.