Recipe by Hadice
Use coconut chips instead of shredded coconut (chips are not as sweet and they look better). Cooking time is chilling time. Make this vegan by using soy milk.
- 1 (8 inch) baked pastry shells (pie)
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 1 mango, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toasted flaked coconut, to decorate
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bananas lengthwise and arrange half in the pastry shell with half of the mango pieces.
- Put the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Slowly add both milk and coconut milk, beating over a low heat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in vanilla extract then pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Top with the remaining fruit and coconut chips.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.