Recipe by Carrie Ann
My mother made these muffins for us when we were kids and always used her home made crabapple jelly in them. I use strawberry or raspberry jam since thats what my kids like and they both work well,but feel free to use what ever you like.
Top Review by Aleigha Nicole
Wow these were the most delicious muffins although when we made them we forgot the jam so we just spead some on after and they were amazing. We used Strawberry jam with ours. Definatly try out this recipe! TY Carrie
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 vegetable oil
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup jelly or 1⁄4 cup jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 12 medium muffin cups.
- Beat egg, oil,banana and milk together lightly with a fork.
- Stir in sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients together into first mixture and stir only until ingredients are moistened and all dry ingredients are mixed in.
- Spoon into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Make a depression in top of each muffin with tip of spoon and fill with 1 teaspoon of jelly or jam.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle comes out clean.