- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons soft margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup drained stem ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line and grease a loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Rib in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and then stir in sugar.
- Add the ginger, milk and mashed bananas and mix into a soft dough.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Turn the tea bread onto a wire rack to cool.