1000 Great Recipes by Martha Day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350. Line and grease a loaf tin.
- 2Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- 3Rib in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs and then stir in sugar.
- 4Add the ginger, milk and mashed bananas and mix into a soft dough.
- 5Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 6Turn the tea bread onto a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana and Ginger Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 542.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g