This is a great dessert for any occasion. Everybody loves it. You can use commercial caramel ice cream topping instead of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Put the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a sauce pan, and cover with water. Boil for 3 hours. Make sure there is always water in the pan. Remove can from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Open can and pour half of the dulce de leche over pie crust. Cover with a layer of sliced bananas, then cover with the other half of the dulce de leche and finally put another layer of sliced bananas.
- Whip the cream with the powder sugar and vanilla extract. Spoon it on top of bananas. Refrigerate before serving.