Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a great dessert for any occasion. Everybody loves it. You can use commercial caramel ice cream topping instead of the sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a sauce pan, and cover with water. Boil for 3 hours. Make sure there is always water in the pan. Remove can from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until well blended.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Open can and pour half of the dulce de leche over pie crust. Cover with a layer of sliced bananas, then cover with the other half of the dulce de leche and finally put another layer of sliced bananas.
- Whip the cream with the powder sugar and vanilla extract. Spoon it on top of bananas. Refrigerate before serving.
This pie was great. Everyone loved it. I made it in a spring form pan and the pie was nice and full. The only thing I would do different would be to just put the dulce de leche all in the bottom and not layer the bananas as they gave off some liquid and made the dulce de leche a little runny. But it still tasted awesome. My 14 year old son said it tasted like heaven on a fork. If you are looking for similar pies to this search on Banoffee as I think this pie is based on that one. I dusted the top with powdered milk chocolate (photo). Thanks for sharing.