Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Definitely not good for you, but worth every single bite! From Chef Martin LaMarche.
- 3 pieces of high quality brioche bread (cut 2-inches by 4- inches size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon (ground)
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla pastry cream
- 1⁄4 cup dulce de leche
- 3 cups canola oil
- powdered sugar
- In a deep sauce pan preheat oil to 325°F
- Make French toast batter by mixing the eggs, half and half, whole milk, and cinnamon.
- Soak brioche in French toast batter.
- Fry on all sides until golden brown and delicious.
- Set aside momentarily.
- Using a sharp knife poke a whole in the front of the french toast.
- Using a pastry bag fill the toast with the vanilla pastry cream.
- Sauté bananas in dulce de leche.
- Plate the toast and pour the bananas on top.
- Dredge with powdered sugar.