Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Definitely not good for you, but worth every single bite! From Chef Martin LaMarche.
Make and share this Banana and Dulce De Leche French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 3 pieces of high quality brioche bread (cut 2-inches by 4- inches size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon (ground)
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla pastry cream
- 1⁄4 cup dulce de leche
- 3 cups canola oil
- powdered sugar
- In a deep sauce pan preheat oil to 325°F
- Make French toast batter by mixing the eggs, half and half, whole milk, and cinnamon.
- Soak brioche in French toast batter.
- Fry on all sides until golden brown and delicious.
- Set aside momentarily.
- Using a sharp knife poke a whole in the front of the french toast.
- Using a pastry bag fill the toast with the vanilla pastry cream.
- Sauté bananas in dulce de leche.
- Plate the toast and pour the bananas on top.
- Dredge with powdered sugar.