Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is posted for the 2006 ZWT. I have not tried this recipe, it is compliments of www.sofeminine.co.uk
- 1 unbaked pie shell (or puff pastry)
- 100 ml milk
- 80 g desiccated coconut
- 125 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 fluid ounce rum
- 4 -5 bananas
- icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Put pastry case in a greased pie dish, or use puff pastry to line a pie dish.
- Cook blind for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs, add coconut and sugar.
- Bring milk to boil and add little by little to mixture.
- Bring whole mixture to boil to thin.
- Remove from heat, add rum.
- Pour mixture over pastry, chop banana and arrange on top to decorate.
- Cook for 10 minutes in oven.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
- Advice :.
- Try pouring a second shot of rum over the pie while hot, then flambéing at the table - be careful of your guests!
Fantastic coconut tarts I think the rum is a must in this for taste. Thanks this is another PAC recipe :)