An Asian dessert for coconut and bananas lovers from Asia Online.
Make and share this Banana and Coconut Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml shredded coconut, to serve
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml rice flour
- 59.14 ml caster sugar
- 59.14 ml desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lighted beaten
- 236.59 ml coconut milk
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 78.07 ml brown sugar, lightly packed soft
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- butter (for frying pancakes and batter)
- 1 slice lime rind, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the shredded coconut on an oven tray and toast it in oven for 10 minutes or until it is dark golden, shaking the tray occasionally.
- Remove the coconut from the tray to prevent it from burning and set aside.
- Sift both flours into a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar and desiccated coconut and mix through with a spoon.
- Put the beaten egg and coconut milk together in small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour, pour in the combined egg and coconut milk, and beat until smooth.
- Add in the three tablespoons of melted butter.
- Melt a little extra butter in a large non-stick frying pan-if you have a crepe pan use that.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the underside is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, buttering the pan when necessary.
- Cut the bananas diagonally into thick slices.
- Heat the butter in the pan; add the banana, toss until coated, and cook over medium heat until the banana starts to soften and brown.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and shake the pan gently until the sugar has melted.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Divide the banana among the pancakes and fold over to enclose.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and strips of lime rind.