Recipe by WiGal
An Asian dessert for coconut and bananas lovers from Asia Online.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I made only one change with this recipe; didn't have a banana so stopped at the point of using that. I did have left over coconut milk and wanted to use it up so made these for breakfast. Oh so good, just the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering. Served with butter and a splash of warm maple syrup - YUM
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, to serve
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lighted beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed soft
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- butter (for frying pancakes and batter)
- 1 slice lime rind, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread the shredded coconut on an oven tray and toast it in oven for 10 minutes or until it is dark golden, shaking the tray occasionally.
- Remove the coconut from the tray to prevent it from burning and set aside.
- Sift both flours into a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar and desiccated coconut and mix through with a spoon.
- Put the beaten egg and coconut milk together in small bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour, pour in the combined egg and coconut milk, and beat until smooth.
- Add in the three tablespoons of melted butter.
- Melt a little extra butter in a large non-stick frying pan-if you have a crepe pan use that.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the underside is golden.
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, buttering the pan when necessary.
- Cut the bananas diagonally into thick slices.
- Heat the butter in the pan; add the banana, toss until coated, and cook over medium heat until the banana starts to soften and brown.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and shake the pan gently until the sugar has melted.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Divide the banana among the pancakes and fold over to enclose.
- Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and strips of lime rind.