1/2 Photos of Banana and Coconut Pancakes
An Asian dessert for coconut and bananas lovers from Asia Online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, to serve
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lighted beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed soft
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- butter (for frying pancakes and batter)
- 1 slice lime rind, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spread the shredded coconut on an oven tray and toast it in oven for 10 minutes or until it is dark golden, shaking the tray occasionally.
- 3Remove the coconut from the tray to prevent it from burning and set aside.
- 4Sift both flours into a medium bowl.
- 5Add the sugar and desiccated coconut and mix through with a spoon.
- 6Put the beaten egg and coconut milk together in small bowl.
- 7Make a well in the center of the flour, pour in the combined egg and coconut milk, and beat until smooth.
- 8Add in the three tablespoons of melted butter.
- 9Melt a little extra butter in a large non-stick frying pan-if you have a crepe pan use that.
- 10Pour 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the underside is golden.
- 11Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- 12Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, buttering the pan when necessary.
- 14Cut the bananas diagonally into thick slices.
- 15Heat the butter in the pan; add the banana, toss until coated, and cook over medium heat until the banana starts to soften and brown.
- 16Sprinkle with the brown sugar and shake the pan gently until the sugar has melted.
- 17Stir in the lime juice.
- 18Divide the banana among the pancakes and fold over to enclose.
- 19Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and strips of lime rind.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana and Coconut Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: