1/2 Photos of Banana and Coconut Pancakes
An Asian dessert for coconut and bananas lovers from Asia Online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut, to serve
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, lighted beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed soft
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- butter (for frying pancakes and batter)
- 1 slice lime rind, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spread the shredded coconut on an oven tray and toast it in oven for 10 minutes or until it is dark golden, shaking the tray occasionally.
- 3Remove the coconut from the tray to prevent it from burning and set aside.
- 4Sift both flours into a medium bowl.
- 5Add the sugar and desiccated coconut and mix through with a spoon.
- 6Put the beaten egg and coconut milk together in small bowl.
- 7Make a well in the center of the flour, pour in the combined egg and coconut milk, and beat until smooth.
- 8Add in the three tablespoons of melted butter.
- 9Melt a little extra butter in a large non-stick frying pan-if you have a crepe pan use that.
- 10Pour 3 tablespoons of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the underside is golden.
- 11Turn the pancake over and cook the other side.
- 12Transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pancake batter, buttering the pan when necessary.
- 14Cut the bananas diagonally into thick slices.
- 15Heat the butter in the pan; add the banana, toss until coated, and cook over medium heat until the banana starts to soften and brown.
- 16Sprinkle with the brown sugar and shake the pan gently until the sugar has melted.
- 17Stir in the lime juice.
- 18Divide the banana among the pancakes and fold over to enclose.
- 19Sprinkle with the toasted coconut and strips of lime rind.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana and Coconut Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 97.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 57.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: