Recipe by Phil the Thrill
Oatmeal--it's so classic, but it's got to be one of the most versatile breakfast foods of all time. Here is one of the many ways that I have enjoyed oatmeal recently--it's so great and a good way to get in some fruit for the day. Serve with a glass of skim milk or a yogurt for a nutritious breakfast!
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- sugar (optional) or sugar substitute (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare oatmeal according to package directions on stove top or in microwave, using oats and water.
- Peel and slice banana in half. In a separate bowl, mash half banana with a fork and stir into the oatmeal along with coconut extract. Stir in sugar or sugar substitute if desired. Slice the other half of banana into slices.
- Top oatmeal with unsweetened coconut and banana slices, and chopped walnuts, if desired.