A delicious stew from Gambia. Posted for ZWT4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the bananas and cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces.
- 2Dice the beef into approximately ½ inch pieces.
- 3Place the meat in a saucepan, cover with water, add salt.
- 4Bring to boil and simmer until tender.
- 5Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions until translucent but not browned.
- 6Add the tomato and the meat mixture.
- 7Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 8Continue cooking until the tomatoes soften.
- 9Add the coconut milk, stirring continuously and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the banana pieces and snow peas.
- 10Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until the bananas are cooked, soft but not mushy.
- 11Serve hot, over rice.
Browse Our Top African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana and Coconut Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.4
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 38.6 g