Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are my favourite banana muffins. You could also substitute the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts if you prefer.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about 4)
- Preheat oven to 190oC.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- Beat together egg, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, chocolate chips and mashed bananas in another bowl. Don't mash the bananas too much, they taste great with little pieces of banana in the muffins.
- Add above mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. It is important not to overmix the ingredients at this stage. It should be lightly mixed until the flour is just incorporated.
- Fill greased muffin cups three quarters full and cook for 20 minutes.
loved these! made them this afternoon with my toddler - we`stirred in some extra chocolate chips (well, he did!) but otherwise followed the recipe. i actually got 19 muffins out of this!! they came out very moist, and i might just make them without the chocolate chips next time - they're that good! thnk for a great recipe Terese - i will be making these again and again.
LOVED it! Since we have bananas at our home all year around, I make them pretty often! Even though I have posted 2 of my own recipes for muffins/loaf, I thought of giving this a try since mine doesn't include cinnamon! I am sure 1 tsp of cinnamon would have been perfectly fine without it overpowering the other flavours but DH is not a big fan of it, so I added in only 1/2 tsp. We could taste it but not enough for DH to whinge! Only 3 of my bananas were 'very ripe' to use but they were quite large so I am sure it was a generous 1 1/2 cups (I was too lazy to measure :oops: ) Out of habit, I first creamed the butter and sugar, then added in the egg followed by bananas and vanilla and then the rest. They were baked within 20 mins and for some reason I got 16 muffins in all!! Not complaining since they turned out VERY moist and I am sure they are not going to last very long! Thank you, Terese, for sharing your wonderful recipe. I definitely will be making these again!