Recipe by Terese
These are my favourite banana muffins. You could also substitute the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts if you prefer.
Top Review by grapefruit
loved these! made them this afternoon with my toddler - we`stirred in some extra chocolate chips (well, he did!) but otherwise followed the recipe. i actually got 19 muffins out of this!! they came out very moist, and i might just make them without the chocolate chips next time - they're that good! thnk for a great recipe Terese - i will be making these again and again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed (about 4)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190oC.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
- Beat together egg, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, chocolate chips and mashed bananas in another bowl. Don't mash the bananas too much, they taste great with little pieces of banana in the muffins.
- Add above mixture to dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. It is important not to overmix the ingredients at this stage. It should be lightly mixed until the flour is just incorporated.
- Fill greased muffin cups three quarters full and cook for 20 minutes.